Sunday, April 5, 2009

The realization of the loss [of control]

I have always prided myself on being in control of my life. Apparently i was in denial. I just didn't realize i was actually being controlled by laundry, [affectionately called mount washmore] and other mundane SAHM tasks

Anywho I stumbled upon this website, and flylady. It is nothing short of Amazing, the routines are fantastic. It is amazing to me what i can do just following 2 routines (morning , and Night) All the others are just icing on the cake. My life is amazing.

I was the girl who would just Lay around in jammies on the days that the kiddos didn't have school, and wonder why my house wasn't cleaning itself...weird huh?. I would stumble out of bed 45 min before the kids had to be at school get them ready and drop them off in my jammies. I felt terrible about myself and even had terrible thoughts about mothers who somehow managed to get up and ready for the day before they dropped their children off. ( who do they think they are, caring about themselves and all? pppfffttt!!!! )

I have always been aware of how i felt when I am all made up...but "i never had time" I also never realized how i didn't feel when i was in my sweats.

When people would randomly show up at my house i would be embarrassed about how i looked, and how my home looked. I would rush to put on a bra and clean while company was at the house...how terrible.

I have turned a new Leaf

I have a little while until the hubby returns from his 3rd deployment, but i don't want to rush getting the house ready for his return. I started on little things (closets, laundry room, linen closet) I used to put off the little things to do these big tasks, so not the case anymore!!

I Am so proud of myself, i feel great and i have time for everything!!!! Kids, outings and myself!! And my house doesn't suffer in the process

I can do anything for 15 minutes!!!

***there are links all over this blog. if you have felt/feel the way i felt please save yourself some stress and click on them***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you found a life saver. I know I feel like I am always buried in chores and after working all day at the University the last thing I want to do is come home and clean. Maybe I will check out this links and see if they help me too.