Monday, February 23, 2009

My 40 day journey

The inspiration for this blog was a topic on 20something blogger site

http://20somethings.ning.com/forum/topics/whatre-you-giving-up-for-lent

For those of you who don't know Ash Wednesday is in 2 days

I commented and decided i had WAAAYYY more to say than i thought so here it is, my lent blog!


Well this morning i got the call from my mother, who is a fairly new catholic. she was baptized in '99 i think. anyway she has this OBSESSION with asking me what i am giving up for lent, as a feeble attempt to connect with me (which is totally unnecessary because she truly is my best friend). And to be completely honest i hadn't a clue what i was going to give up. But i think I have a few ideas. I am one to keep my suffering to myself until after the fact. So i will tell you what i have done in the past.
  • *the usual chocolate (not hard for me)
I am not a chocolate addict by any means. and the only reason i ever gave it up was because my friends did. or i couldn't think of anything else
  • *Soda (not hard for me)
I drink my fair share of soda and i like it, a lot, but it is something easily passed on for me. maybe it is the many years of giving it up for lent. LOL
  • *McDonald's.
which was probably the most difficult, our town had just got a MD's and i ate there everyday, sometime twice, or even 3 times, i love fries...
  • French fries
These wonderful deep fried potatoes are like heaven in my mouth. I cant pass them up, well i can, but i usually don't. especially if there is ranch involved...*game over* lol
  • chips
Since my mother on a regular basis ate Doritos in bed for breakfast i didn't see a problem with it. Although my momma did not pass down her addiction to candy (ironically enough) the chip addiction is genetic. and i totally suffer...and so do my kids.

If you have noticed I Love potatoes i mean LOVE, with passion of 1,000 lovers. i guess it is cuz i am half Irish maybe ill do those next year...

this year i think it will be my vice...Ill blog about it in 42 days...

No comments: